24 January 2013

Swapping

Making swaps and "swapping" is a BIG deal at all Stampin' Up! events.  Swapping is just trading cards.  I make one or more designs and I walk around with my stack o'cards and "swap" with friends and strangers.  I met ladies in the airport and hotel lobby and everywhere in between that wanted to swap!  The best part is receiving cards with DSP or stamps that I don't own (yet) or a new technique.  Sometimes I get in a rut and need a new idea with a set I own - does this happen to you?  Sometimes seeing product in the catalog isn't enough.

Case in point....this swap card I received.  I'll be honest, I'm usually a DSP-fanatic!  But the Parker's Patterns in the Spring Catalog....not on my MUST-HAVE list.  This card uses a tiny strip that added just enough interest!


I also never thought about layering the oval accent and windows label collection. Good thing I have an idea....we won this stamp and DSP during PRIZE PATROL: the next best thing to swapping is PRIZE PATROL!

And we were all winners.  Don't mind us in our PJ's....Friday night was a giant pajama party at general session.  Even Stampin' Up! employees including Sara Douglass, Brian Poling, Pam Morgan and Carrie Cudney were in their PJ's!

Sweet Deets (all supplies Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Just Thinking
Ink: Not Quite Navy
CS: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla
DSP:  Parker's Patterns
Accessories:  Big Shot, Window Frames Collection Framelits (#129021 $26.95 write in item!), Oval Accent Bigz die, 1/8" mini brads, boho blossom punch









No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin